What will this course cover?
- This course will cover the skills needed to safely use the roped climbs in our center.
- Correctly fitting a harness, tying into the rope, and controlling the safety rope (belaying) for the climber.
- Bouldering induction: how to use the bouldering wall & the associated risks.
Who is this course suitable for?
- This course is suitable for any adults who would like to learn how to use the top rope climbs in our centre.
- This course is also suitable for parents or guardians hoping to learn how to belay and supervise their children while on the top rope walls.
How much will this course cost?
- You MUST attend 3 sessions, you choose when!
- Each session costs £28
- The sessions are fully inclusive of all entry, instruction and equipment required while in centre.
- Great value! Entry with shoes and a harness normally costs £13.50 without any instruction.
- Let us know if you're unable to make the listed times, we can always schedule more to suit you.
- Once you’ve completed the course and gained the necessary competency level. We will be able to register you as a full member of the Indy.
- You will be able to stay on after your final session and keep climbing to consolidate all that you’ve learnt.
- You will be able to climb unsupervised in any area of the centre and supervise two U18’s or novices.
- You will have gained competency to register at other centres as an “unsupervised climber”.
Number of Participants